Intern in beautiful Barcelona and receive comprehensive professional development while immersing yourself in the vibrant Catalan culture. Get practical experience in any career field, working for a leading company or organization. Whether you are looking for a summer internships or a flexible start date throughout the year, you can find a great opportunity in Barcelona.
If you are looking to visit Europe and launch your career with a leading internship, Barcelona is the city for you. Barcelona is an international hub for business, fashion, manufacturing, social media, tourism, biotechnology and science. It’s also one of the greatest culinary capitals on Earth. Those accepted onto our Barcelona internship program have the chance to gain vital professional experience and industry exposure on a global level.
Due to the exclusivity of our partnerships, it must be noted that our Barcelona internship program is competitive.
Program Dates & Fees
*Dates and program offerings will be confirmed for 2022 shortly.
2022 Program Start Dates
In-person programs expected to resume in January 2022.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees (June-July)*||Without Accommodation*|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accommodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Career Training
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
Private bedroom in a shared apartment
Interns in Barcelona have all of the comforts of home, with their own private bedroom in a shared apartment. Interns live with young professionals, international students and other interns on the program. All apartments are equipped with bedding, basic cooking utensils, and WiFi. All of our accommodation options are located in safe areas with a reasonable commute (about 30-60 minutes is normal) to your internship by bus, metro or walking.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Urban Insight
- Food Forward
- a place called home
- ACE: Alliance Community Empowerment
- BLKBX Creative Group
- saya Smart Water Management
- King nutronics corporation
- Hill Flight Support LLC
- ecosmar+ Fire
Why intern in Barcelona?
The captivating capital of Catalonia attracts visitors from all over the world thanks to its cosmopolitan vibe, creative flair and a perfect location on the Mediterranean Sea. Birthplace to some of the world’s most famous artists and architects, such as Gaudí, Dalí, and Miró to name a few, Catalonia is recognized as a visionary region and its capital, Barcelona, a bohemian paradise.
Roam down La Rambla, get lost in the labyrinthine Gothic Quarter or head over to Barceloneta to relax on the beach. The city offers a selection of art, design, and architecture. It is no surprise that it is the only city in history to have been awarded the Royal Gold Medal for architecture. Tour around the city ticking Barcelona’s nine astonishing UNESCO World Heritage Sites off your list, seven of which were created by Gaudí. Stand in awe of the Sagrada Familia, soak in the breathtaking view from Parc Güell or lose yourself in the layers of Casa Batlló.
From Barcelona’s global dominance in soccer to its status as one of Europe’s most visited cities, Barcelona’s reputation as a global player is well deserved. The most beautiful buildings in the world draped alongside the Mediterranean will be the inspirational backdrop to your life-changing international internship in Barcelona.
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Heather Schloss, ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email