Our internships in California offer comprehensive professional development for outstanding candidates from all over the world. We are proud to partner with a range of leading companies and organizations across every career field in Los Angeles. If you are motivated and ambitious, California is the perfect place to grow your global network and boost your resume.
Los Angeles is a hub for opportunities in television & film, consulting, art, fashion, journalism, social media, and public relations & marketing. Those accepted to our internships in California program have the chance to gain vital professional experience and industry exposure on a global level. Few things will make you stand out in a competitive job market more than gaining hands-on experience in your career field in a city like LA.
Whether you’re a college student looking for summer internships in LA or a graduate seeking an internship to launch your career we offer a range of opportunities suited to your needs to help you realize your potential. Our internships in California are available year-round, ranging from eight weeks to six months.
Due to the exclusivity of our host organizations it must be noted that our internships in California are selective.
Program Dates & Fees
*Dates and program offerings will be confirmed for 2022 shortly.
2022 Program Start Dates
In-person programs expected to resume in January 2022.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees* (June & July)|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accommodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
- Talkspace: 3 months access to a licensed therapist online
Private bedroom in a shared living space
Interns on our Los Angeles program are provided with all the necessities and comforts of home when it comes to accommodation. Each intern has a private bedroom in a shared apartment, where they live alongside other interns or young professionals. All of the apartments are equipped with bedding, basic cooking utensils, and WiFi. In California, the typical commute to an internship is between 30-60 minutes.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Urban Insight
- Food Forward
- a place called home
- ACE: Alliance Community Empowerment
- BLKBX Creative Group
- saya Smart Water Management
- King nutronics corporation
- Hill Flight Support LLC
- ecosmar+ Fire
Why intern in California?
Surrounded by the Pacific Ocean to the west, and mountains to the north and east, California is one of the most diverse states in the US. Our internships in California offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable professional experience in one of the most innovative places in the world, Los Angeles.
Known as “The Golden State,” California first became internationally recognized during the Gold Rush. Now home to the headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies like Google, Apple, Facebook and Netflix to name a few, it comes as no surprise that California attracts visitors from the world over thanks to its entrepreneurial vibe. You can accomplish anything here. Situated on the west coast of the US, California is home to majestic national parks, like Yosemite and the Redwoods Forest, and TV-famous beaches. California offers the best of both worlds.
If you’re a film or music fanatic, Los Angeles is the city for you. Take in the city’s views from Griffith Observatory, or get inspired while on a hike up to the Hollywood sign. Take a day trip to the home of Disney nearby in Anaheim. Spend a day on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in hopes of a celebrity spotting. Despite its reputation for being a huge industrial city, Los Angeles is also famous for its beautiful beaches, like Santa Monica, Venice, and Malibu to name a few.
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Heather Schloss, ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email