July 15, 2016 - Update: All Students Safe in Nice, France
All ISEP Students studying in France are accounted for and safe. Our hearts go out to all both here and abroad affected by this especially our colleagues at the Université de Nice.
July 14, 2016 - Incident in Nice, France
On July 14, 2016 around 10:00 p.m. local time, a truck drove into a crowd of people during Bastille Day celebrations. As this is a holiday weekend and our students may be traveling, we are checking in to be assured of your safety, health and well-being.
Please respond immediately to ISEP in one of the following ways:
- Reply to your ISEP email using the word “safe”
- Check-in on Facebook by posting on our closed page “safe”
If you are not able to reply to the email or check in on Facebook please use one of these other means:
- Ask a friend to do so for you
- Call or text your host ISEP Coordinator directly
- Call or text your home ISEP Coordinator directly
- Text your name and “Safe” through WhatsApp or directly to 703-969-0069
Once you have confirmed your safety and whereabouts, we will notify your host and home ISEP Coordinators. Your home ISEP Coordinator will then notify your emergency contact.
We strongly recommend that you notify your parents and loved ones regarding your whereabouts and safety, to prevent additional worry.
For additional emergency resources, we urge you to:
- Review our ISEP Health and Safety Policy.
- Follow any instructions given by your host institution, embassy, local law enforcement and media.
- Speak with your ISEP Program Officer if you do not feel safe and let us know your situation.
- Contact UHC Global, our global emergency partners, for help. You can connect with them directly at this number o Toll-free in the USA: +(1) 800-527-0218 o Overseas call collect: +(1) 410-453-6330
We will continue to monitor this situation and will provide more information as it is made available.