August 13, 2016 - Update
All ISEP Students studying in Thailand are accounted for and safe. Our hearts go out to all both here and abroad affected by these events.
August 11, 2016 - Bombings in Thailand
On August 11 and 12, 2016, 11 bombings took place across Thailand. ISEP staff are working to confirm the safety of students studying in Thailand.
ISEP Students, to be assured of your safety, health and well-being, please respond immediately to ISEP in one of the following ways:
- Reply to your ISEP email using the word “safe”
- Check-in on Facebook by posting on our closed page “safe”
- If you are not able to reply to the email or check in on Facebook please use one of these other means:
- Ask a friend to do so for you
- Call or text your host ISEP Coordinator directly
- Call or text your home ISEP Coordinator directly
- Text your name and “Safe” through WhatsApp or directly to 703-969-0069
Once you have confirmed your safety and whereabouts, we will notify your host and home ISEP Coordinators.
Your home ISEP Coordinator will then notify your emergency contact. We strongly recommend that you notify your parents and loved ones regarding your whereabouts and safety, to prevent additional worry.
For additional emergency resources, we urge you to:
- Review our ISEP Health and Safety Policy.
- Follow any instructions given by your host institution, embassy, local law enforcement and media.
- Speak with your ISEP Program Officer, Anthony Ciero (email@example.com) if you do not feel safe and let us know your situation.
- Contact UHC Global, our global emergency partners, for help. You can connect with them directly at:
- Toll-free in the U.S.: 1-800-527-0218
- Overseas call collect: 1-410-453-6330
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by this incident. We will continue to monitor this situation and will provide more information as it is made available.