Traveling in Costa Rica means you have the chance to discover volcanoes, Caribbean and Pacific beaches, rainforests, service learning opportunities, a lively capital city and so much more. Check out these top 12 ways to discover Costa Rica!
1. Take in the beauty of La Paz Water Falls and enjoy the cool mist of the falls.
2. Volunteer with La Amistad ASOPROLA and make an impact in local communities through the ISEP GEP Program.
3. Bask in the glorious beaches of the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific Coast, such as this beach, Playa Carrillo.
4. Check out the natural wonders of Volcan Poás.
5. Live with a host family to strengthen your Spanish skills and learn about the local culture.
6. Gaze in amazement at the cotton-candy-colored river of Rio Celeste at Tenorio Volcano National Park, caused by natural sulfur and calcium carbonate from the volcano.
7. Explore Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. While you’re there, take a stroll on some of the suspension bridges or take an adventure and zip line through the canopies.
8. Explore the rainforest and discover wildlife like this Blue Jeans Frog at Braulio Carrillo National Park.
9. After checking out the Pacific beaches, head to the Caribbean beaches, like Puerto Viejo for a different experience and soak up some rays.
10. Make friends with the local animals at Manuel Antonio National Park.
11. Explore the beauty of Heredia, the City of Flowers.
12. Take a tour of Café Britt, the most well-known coffee producer in Costa Rica, and learn all about coffee cultivation and the four stages of coffee production. Enjoy coffee and chocolate samples, and indulge in their lunch buffet.
Like this Story? Also like us on Facebook.