On December 19, 2016 a truck crashed into a Christmas Market in Berlin, Germany. There are several reports of deaths and injuries. While ISEP does not have programs in Berlin, we know that students may be traveling, so we are following up with all students in Europe at this time.
To be assured of your safety, health and well-being, please respond immediately to ISEP in one of the following ways:
- Reply to your ISEP email using the word “safe”
- Check-in on Facebook by posting on our closed page “safe”
If you are not able to reply to the email or check in on Facebook, please use one of these other means:
- Ask a friend to do so for you
- Call or text your host ISEP Coordinator directly
- Call or text your home ISEP Coordinator directly
- Text your name and “Safe” through WhatsApp or directly to 703-969-0069
Once you have confirmed your safety and whereabouts, we will notify your host and home ISEP Coordinators. Your home ISEP Coordinator will then notify your emergency contact if necessary.
We strongly recommend that you notify your parents and loved ones regarding your whereabouts and safety, to prevent additional worry. For additional emergency resources, we urge you to:
- Review our ISEP Health and Safety Policy.
- Follow any instructions given by your host institution, embassy, local
law enforcement and media.
- Speak with your ISEP Program Officer if you do not feel safe and let us know your situation.
- Contact UHC Global, our global emergency partners, for help. You can
connect with them directly at this number
- Toll-free in the USA: +(1) 800-527-0218
- Overseas call collect: +(1) 410-453-6330
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by this incident. We will continue to monitor this situation and will provide more information as it is made available.