Update: March 18. 2019 at 11:30 a.m. EST
All ISEP students at TIO University in Utrecht, Netherlands are safe and accounted for. ISEP staff are conducting a check-in with all ISEP students in the Netherlands.
On March 18, 2019, at approximately 5:45 a.m. EST a shooting occurred on a tram in Utrecht, Netherlands.
ISEP students currently studying at TIO University in Utrecht are instructed to check-in with ISEP.
To be assured of your safety, health and well-being, please respond immediately to ISEP by responding to your email from ISEP with the word “safe.”
If you are not able to reply to this email or check in on Facebook, please use one of these other means:
- Ask a friend to do so for you
- Call or text your host ISEP Coordinator directly
Call or text your home ISEP Coordinator directly
Text your name and “Safe” through WhatsApp or directly to 703-969-0069
Once you have confirmed your safety and whereabouts, we will notify your host and home ISEP Coordinators. Your home ISEP Coordinator will then notify your emergency contact.
We strongly recommend that you notify your parents and loved ones regarding your whereabouts and safety, to prevent additional worry. For additional emergency resources, we urge you to:
- Review our ISEP Health and Safety Policy.
- Follow any instructions given by your host institution, embassy, local law enforcement and media.
- Speak with your ISEP Program Manager, Kelsey Prima (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not feel safe and let us know your situation.
Our hearts go out to all affected by this incident.
We will continue to monitor this situation and will provide more information as it is made available. We recommend following our website and #ISEPAlerts on the @ISEPStudyAbroad Twitter feed for real-time updates.