Our internships in London offer comprehensive professional development for outstanding candidates from all over the world. Get hands-on experience working for a leading company or organization, grow your global network, and boost your resume.
The largest city in Europe and by far its biggest economy, London stands out on a resume. A mesmerizing mix of culture, architecture, global cuisine, fashion, nightlife and business, it would be an understatement to say that London has it all. London is home to the headquarters of many of the world’s most well-known companies, making it the perfect city for an international internship.
Whether you’re a college student looking for summer internships in London or a graduate seeking an internship to launch your career we offer opportunities in all career fields and work to find one specifically suited to your needs to help you realize your potential. Our internships in London are available year-round, ranging from six weeks to six months.
This program is great for students interested in the following career fields: Art/Photography, Graphic Design, Business, Fashion, Hospitality, PR & Marketing.
Additional Programs may be available in: Consulting, Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Journalism, Law
Due to the exclusivity of our partnerships, it must be noted that our London internship program is competitive.
Program Dates & Fees
*Dates and program offerings will be confirmed for 2022 shortly.
2022 Program Start Dates
March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, June 18, July 2, July 16, August 6, September 3, October 1, November 5, December 3.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees (June 19, July 3 & 17)*||Without Accommodation*|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accommodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
- Talkspace: 3 months access to a licensed therapist online
Private bedroom in a shared living space
Every intern in London has their own private bedroom, giving you a personal and familiar place to return to at the end of the day. You will be sharing the living spaces with other interns and international students, making for excellent opportunities to network and make friends! Every apartment includes bedding, WiFi and weekly professional cleaning services.
All of our mixed student houses are excellently located in South East London (Zone 2) close to the south bank of the River Thames, meaning there are some great views nearby. All of the apartments are located near one another and served with many transport links to Central London making them the ideal base for exploring London during your stay!
We take great care to ensure that all our housing options are located within an average commute of 35-60 minutes to your internship by bus, the underground or walking.
We also provide Homestays for those looking for a “home away from home” experience!
Living with a host family is the perfect option if you wish to perfect your language skills and be immediately immersed in London life and culture!
All of our hosts have been carefully vetted by our partner accommodation provider who has been working with many of the families for over 20 years. The vast majority are experienced in receiving international participants from all corners of the world and being a constant point of support for you. We have Host families across all parts of London to help you have an authentic experience in London.
Halls of residence
Our Summer Program starting in June 20th & July 4th offers a different experience as you will be staying in a University Hall of Residence in Zone 1! Located in the heart of London surrounded by the hustle and bustle of Angel and Farringdon, there is always something new to discover about this metropolis. You will have your own room in a mixed apartment, sharing the living areas and gym with other Interns and International students.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Urban Insight
- Food Forward
- a place called home
- ACE: Alliance Community Empowerment
- BLKBX Creative Group
- saya Smart Water Management
- King nutronics corporation
- Hill Flight Support LLC
- ecosmar+ Fire
The community you’ll be a part of while interning in London is one of the most vibrant, talented and passionate in the world. Interns on our program come from over 150 countries, and every background imaginable. They speak languages from every corner of the planet, and have an incredible amount to offer. As an intern, you’ll have the chance to connect with peers from all around the world, and build lifelong friendships. Of course, interns also have endless opportunities to network and build up professional contacts, both from London and abroad!
Our London internship program provides an entire cultural experience. Alongside a leading internship, all participants benefit from our social events. The health and safety of our program participants is our number one priority. As such, there may be alterations or changes to the standard offering of events due to COVID-19.
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Jo Moley, ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email