Those eager to gain competitive professional experience in one of the world’s most powerful cities should look no further than investing in an internship in NYC. Apply your skills across any career field in a practical setting. An internship in New York will set you apart in job markets around the world.
People come from all over the world to NYC to realize their potential with internships in fields like finance, human resources, and non-profits. New York is also an international hub for social media and business, so marketing internships are popular too.
Whether you’re looking for a short-term summer program, or to gain invaluable experience during a six month long internship, we offer something for everyone. Our programs range from eight weeks to six months and we offer start dates every month throughout the year.
This program is great for students interested in the following career fields: Business, Entrepreneurship, Public Relations, and Marketing.
Additional Programs may be available in: Finance, Accounting, and Journalism.
Doing an internship in the Big Apple will make you stand out amongst your peers. Due to the exclusivity of our partner companies, it must be noted that our US internships program is selective.
Program Dates & Fees
2022 Program Start Dates
February 5, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, June 18, July 2, August 6, September 3, October 1, November 5, December 3.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees (June-July)*||Without Accommodation*|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates. Unless otherwise noted, prices are for single rooms. Shared room housing may be available for a slightly lower fee, but due to limited availability, we are unable to guarantee shared room housing in New York.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accommodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
- Talkspace: 3 months access to a licensed therapist online
Private bedroom in a shared living space
Interns in New York are perfectly situated to explore and enjoy all that the city has to offer, while being comfortable and safe. All program participants will have their own private bedroom, which is equipped with wifi and utilities. Interns also get to enjoy shared common living spaces. Shared living rooms, bathrooms and kitchens are the perfect place to meet other interns and international students!
Additionally, the building includes 24/7 security and on-site shared laundry facilities.
We take great care to ensure that all our housing options are located within an average commute of 35-60 minutes to your internship by bus, the underground or walking.
As a way to meet new people from around the world, we offer the option to room with another. Interns will share an ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, and wardrobe with one other intern or student. This shared accommodation option is also equipped with wifi, basic linens, included utilities, an on-site laundry facility, and 24/7 security.
Due to limited availability, we are unable to guarantee shared room housing in New York. Rooms are assigned based upon program durations and availability, which means we are not able to fulfill every request for shared housing. By selecting the shared housing option you will be placed on a waiting list, and if no shared housing is available for your program dates, then you will be placed in a private room and the full program pricing will be charged.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Urban Insight
- Food Forward
- a place called home
- ACE: Alliance Community Empowerment
- BLKBX Creative Group
- saya Smart Water Management
- King nutronics corporation
- Hill Flight Support LLC
- ecosmar+ Fire
Why intern in New York City?
New York is known as a hub for startups and multinational corporations alike. Many of the world’s largest organizations and financial institutions call Manhattan home. However, New York’s incredible diversity is reflected in its successful industries. Theater, fashion, art and music industries thrive in the Big Apple, and the city is also home to the United Nations, making it a key city for international relations and diplomacy. Regardless of your field of interest, New York is a strategic place to take steps towards your dream career.
New York’s growth and much of its appeal can be traced to its rich history of accepting diverse cultures. Built on the hard work and ambitions of immigrants seeking a better life, New York City has become a global economic and cultural powerhouse. Birthplace to famous politicians, businessmen, actors, and bankers, New York has made a name as an international hub for multiple industries and pursuits.
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Honorah Maggio (email@example.com), ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email