Staying In Touch
Here are a few tips for staying in touch with family and friends while abroad:
- Let your family know when you’ve arrived and inform them of all subsequent travel plans.
- Use affordable methods of online communication such as WhatsApp, Skype, Google Voice to chat for free.
- Contact your family if you know of an event in your host country that might cause them to worry, even if you haven’t been affected by it at all (i.e., extreme weather conditions, terrorism, political instability).
- If you have told your family about any problems you have encountered, make sure you follow up with them when they have been resolved.
- We will provide you with the contact information for your host ISEP coordinator. We recommend sharing this information with your family so they also know who to contact in case of an emergency.