About the Scholarship
With the generous support of The Annette Kade Fund, ISEP awards scholarships to students at Member or Affiliate Institutions in the U.S. who plan to study French or German while abroad.
These scholarships are meant to help students to become more involved in their host country’s culture through immersion and interaction. They are especially intended for students who show a sincere desire to learn new languages and have demonstrated financial need.
Who can apply?
You are eligible for this scholarship if you are a student at an ISEP Member or Affiliate Institution in the U.S. and are planning to study French or German at an institution in Austria, France, Germany, Reunion Island, or Switzerland.
How much is awarded to scholarship recipients?
The independent ISEP Scholarship Committee awards scholarships in the range of US$500 to US$1,500 depending on the commitment to language learning, demonstrated financial need, and academics.
How to apply:
- Complete and submit an Application:
ISEP French and German Annette Kade Fund Scholarship Application
- Please note that once you begin your application, you cannot leave the page until you press ‘Submit’. Applications cannot be saved and you will not be able to return to a submitted application.
- Once you submit your application, your home ISEP coordinator will receive an email to complete the Coordinator Endorsement Form.
- Both your application and your coordinator’s endorsement form must be submitted by the deadline for your application to be considered.
- Applications for students who plan to attend a program during the Fall semester SM1 (August-December) or Full-Year (August-May) must be submitted by April 1.
- Applications for students who plan to attend a program in the Spring semester SM2 (January-June) must be submitted by October 15.
- Students who plan to attend a Summer program (June-August) can apply for either deadline.
Whom to contact?
If you have any questions, please email the ISEP Scholarship Team.
When Are Scholarships Awarded:
- Students who plan to attend a program with a start date between August-December will be notified by the end of April.
- Students who plan to attend a program with a start date between January-June will be notified in mid-November.