Bangkok is a city where East meets West and ancient architecture meets modernity. Successful applicants will have the chance to gain invaluable professional experience and network with key contacts at their leading internship. Thailand, an emerging market in Asia, is the ideal place to grow your network.
If you are looking to visit Asia and launch your career with an internship, Bangkok is a great option. Bangkok is an international hub for business, entrepreneurship, IT, finance, marketing, tourism, and NGOs. Those accepted into our intern in Thailand program have the chance to gain vital professional experience and industry exposure on a global level.
This program is great for students interested in the following career fields: Business, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality, IT & Computer Science, Law, PR & Marketing.
Additional Programs may be available in: Architecture, Graphic Design, Art/Photography, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Human Resources, Journalism, Non-Profits, Social and Human Services.
Program Dates & Fees
2022 Program Start Dates
June 4, June 18, July 2, July 16, July 30, August 13, August 27, September 24, October 22, November 19, December 3.
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees* (June & July)||Without Accommodation|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accomodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
- Talkspace: 3 months access to a licensed therapist online
Private bedroom in a shared apartment
In Bangkok, each intern has their own private bedroom in a shared apartment, living with other interns, young professionals or international students. Each private bedroom has its own lock and air conditioning. Kitchen facilities will be provided, however, it is culturally common for people to eat out in Bangkok. You’ll find that it is generally more economical to eat at a restaurant or to grab some street food than to cook!
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Sony Music
- Make a Wish
- Grant Thornton
- Habitat for Humanity
- Quintessentially (largest lifestyle luxury brand in the world)
“My two months flew by and it was the best time of my life. Even before arriving The Intern Group were amazing at making sure I was completely prepared before arriving and absolving and concerns I had.
Upon arrival the events coordinators were brilliant, always contactable and making sure that we never at any point felt alone in what would have been an incredibly daunting environment otherwise. The internship they found in my preferred legal field was very relaxed and all very accommodating.
The additional trips Tarn & First organised were always of an incredible quality - allowing the greatest amount of cultural immersion that we otherwise would never have found on our own. Living and exploring Bangkok with the other Interns was an amazing experience as well as having time to explore other parts of Thailand flying to places such as Chiang Mai and Phuket.
Overall an amazing experience and anyone with any kind of doubts should absolutely go for it as it is such an awesome life changing experience - my only regret is not staying longer!”
- Joshua Snowdon, University of Essex, Bangkok alum
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Thailand is one of the most visited places in the world – for vacation and work alike. Internship is regarded as an educational activity in Thailand, however it is not supported by an educational institution. Its visa requirements can be tricky to navigate, which is why we have a visa specialist to work with each of our interns step by step through the process of obtaining the visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity
- You must be a current university student at the time of application, or a university graduate
- You must demonstrate a sufficient, personal financial standing (~ Thai Baht 40,000+ or equivalent) at the time of application
- You must apply for the visa in a country where the Royal Thai Embassy has a consular services office (see directory: http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/)
- Application must be filed in person or (if applicable) by post to the Thai Embassy in your location
- Nigerian applicants must, in advance of applying for a visa, obtain Clearance Certificate issued by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (N.D.L.E.A) in Nigeria. For details, please inquire with the Royal Thai Embassy in Nigeria
- Some visas are subject to an annual quota whose occupancy rate is non-disclosable by the Department of Home Affairs
- Visa cost is ~ Thai Baht 5,000. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- The visa is valid for 3 months and lasts for 3 months (single entry) upon arrival
- Non-immigrant Education (ED) Visa
- Non-immigrant Volunteering (O) Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Honorah Maggio (email@example.com), ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hopsitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email