Join one of Europe’s most youthful capitals, where around 50% of “Dubliners” are under 25, for a comprehensive professional development and cultural experience. We offer summer internships as well as programs starting every month throughout the year in Dublin across all career fields. Get hands-on experience working for a leading company or organization, grow your global network, and boost your resume.
Coined “the Silicon Valley of Europe”, the city of Dublin is the proud home of the offices of many global technology giants such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Facebook and eBay, to name a few. There is no better destination if you’re looking for a leading technology internship. For those looking to pursue careers in the creative industry, Dublin is also a communications hub, with national television and radio stations, newspapers and magazines scattered throughout the city. Given Dublin’s reputation and popularity amongst world travelers, tourism is also a popular sector. Dublin’s diverse economy truly has something for everybody whether you’re a business intern, a marketing intern or an engineering intern.
Whether you’re an undergraduate seeking a short-term summer internship or a recent graduate looking for a longer term internship, Dublin is the perfect place to gain experience in your field and make yourself stand out from the crowd. Our internships in London are available year-round, ranging from six weeks to six months.
Due to the exclusivity of our partnerships, it must be noted that our London internship program is competitive.
Program Dates & Fees
2021 Program Start Dates
January 2, February 6, March 6, April 3, May 1, June 5, June 19, July 3, July 17, August 7, September 4, October 2, November 6, December 4.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees (June-July)*||Without Accommodation*|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accommodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
- Talkspace: 3 months access to a licensed therapist online
Private bedroom in a shared living space
Every intern in London has their own private bedroom, giving you a personal and familiar place to return to at the end of the day. You will be sharing the living spaces with other interns and international students, making for excellent opportunities to network and make friends! Every apartment includes bedding, WiFi and weekly professional cleaning services.
All of our mixed student houses are excellently located in South East London (Zone 2) close to the south bank of the River Thames, meaning there are some great views nearby. All of the apartments are located near one another and served with many transport links to Central London making them the ideal base for exploring London during your stay!
We take great care to ensure that all our housing options are located within an average commute of 35-60 minutes to your internship by bus, the underground or walking.
We also provide Homestays for those looking for a “home from home” experience!
Interns wishing to experience some of Ireland’s famous hospitality have the option of residing in a family home-stay. All families are thoroughly vetted by our accommodation provider and welcome international interns with open arms. If you are interested in this option, our local staff will be happy to provide you with further information.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Urban Insight
- Food Forward
- a place called home
- ACE: Alliance Community Empowerment
- BLKBX Creative Group
- saya Smart Water Management
- King nutronics corporation
- Hill Flight Support LLC
- ecosmar+ Fire
Why intern in Dublin?
While Dublin is the beloved home to a quarter of Ireland’s population, this European capital city flaunts the familial atmosphere of an enormous village. Much of this aura can be attributed to the famously friendly locals and the historical energy that the city exudes. Exploring the cobble-stoned city is like walking through a 3D textbook, with British colonial architecture at every turn and the Easter Rising shrapnel holes still staining the walls.
Wander the cobbled streets and be inspired by the hometown of Oscar Wilde and Nobel laureates William Butler Yeats and Samuel Beckett. With a track record like this, it seems only fair that UNESCO awarded it City of Literature. Meander in the Medieval Quarter and marvel at Dublin Castle. Stand in awe of the architecture in the Georgian district or head down to Silicon Docks to check out the modern art in the tech quarter. Be entertained by the buskers, day or night, on Grafton Street, right in the heart of the city. Whatever your hobbies, Dublin has a district tailored to you.
Dublin is a quaint capital. It proudly wears its history like a badge on a sash, displaying its war wounds as a symbol of the country’s strength and resilience. Its colonial past merely fuels its endeavor for greatness on the global stage today. Buzzing with the energy of revolution, Dublin is the catalyst for your career.
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Rachel Dorfman-Tandlich, ISEP’s Director of Enrollment Management.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email