For those seeking a career-launching internship, Hong Kong (SAR, China) is a great option. Our internships in Hong Kong offer comprehensive professional development and cultural immersion. Internship opportunities in Hong Kong span all career fields, from information technology to financial services and public relations.
This really is the city for a first-class international internship. Hong Kong is one of the world’s leading commercial centers and a powerhouse in Asia: the hub connecting the continent with the world. Our Hong Kong internship program offers successful applicants the opportunity to gain invaluable professional experience in their field in one of the world’s leading cities, all while making important global connections and boosting their resume. The economic rise of China, and Asia as a whole is well-documented. Those who experience it and understand it will be the leaders of tomorrow.
This program is great for students interested in the following career fields: Business, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Human Resources, IT & Computer Science, Non-Profits, PR & Marketing.
Additional Programs may be available in: Architecture, Art/Photography, Graphic Design, Journalism, Social & Human Services.
Program Dates & Fees
2022 Program Start Dates
February 26, March 26, April 23, May 21, June 4, June 18, July 2, July 16, July 30, August 13, August 27, September 24, October 22, November 19, December 3.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees* (June & July)||Without Accommodation|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accomodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
- Talkspace: 3 months access to a licensed therapist online
Private bedroom in a shared apartment
Every intern on our Hong Kong program has a private bedroom in the safest and best areas of Hong Kong on Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. Some of the areas we have previously placed interns in are Wan Chai, Sheung Wan, Sai Ying Pun, Mong Kok, and Jordan.
We offer accommodation (a private bedroom) in a shared mixed gender apartment. The accommodation is professionally cleaned prior to your arrival and comes with bedsheets and internet. We take care to make sure that all our housing options are located within a reasonable commute (about 30-45 minutes is normal) to your internship by bus, metro or walking. Occasionally the private bedrooms are fitted with bunk beds. However, participants are never asked to share bedrooms.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Sony Music
- Make a Wish
- Grant Thornton
- Habitat for Humanity
- Quintessentially (largest lifestyle luxury brand in the world)
“I did an internship in Hong Kong for 6 weeks and worked for a PR marketing company. Everything I experienced in Hong Kong was amazing.
The people at the company were so kind, especially my supervisor. Because of her, I gained not only business skills and knowledge, but I also learned more about business manners and what is it like to work in society. All the time I spent at the office definitely helped me think about my future and career.
After work or on weekends, I enjoyed sightseeing around the great city of Hong Kong. The interns I met are the best. They are passionate, highly motivated, and very hard workers. It is really so amazing making friends with people from all over the world that give you new perspectives and inspire you so much.
Through this experience, I found a bunch of exciting options for my future, made more goals, and increased my global outlook. I couldn’t have had such a brilliant time without The Intern Group. They supported me the whole time, cared about every intern, and always helped us have the best time. I want to say thank you so much for everything and to everyone I crossed paths with. I would love to do another internship in another country with The Intern Group again.”
- Maya Kitagawa, Rikkyo University, Hong Kong alum
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Positioned as the world’s east-west corridor, Hong Kong is one of the most welcoming cities for expatriates worldwide. Due to it’s popularity, Hong Kong’s visa requirements can be tricky to navigate, which is why we have a visa specialist to work with each of our interns step by step through the process of obtaining the visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity
- You cannot apply for the visa with a passport of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, North Korea or Nepal
- You must demonstrate sufficient, personal financial standing (~ HKD 25,000 or equivalent) around the time of application submission
- Application requires document from both you and your placement company
- Application is to be submitted in Hong Kong by The Intern Group on your behalf, while you are required to send our team certain application documents
- Application normally takes a minimum processing time of 3-4 weeks upon submission to the Immigration Department. The timeline is not definite.
- Visa cost is covered by The Intern Group. However, you are responsible for other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- The visa is valid for 3 months (multiple entries) and lasts the same as your program duration upon arrival
- The visa arrangement for residents of the People’s Republic of China, Macau SAR & Taiwan vary slightly
- Training Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Jo Moley, ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email