Gain new skills and invaluable professional experience in one of the most important cities in Europe. Madrid is a hub for architecture, business, engineering, human resources, and technology.
Your internship opportunities are countless in Spain’s capital and in today’s competitive global economy, are a high-value differentiator for any resume. Our Madrid internship program will make you stand out in competitive job markets around the world and enable you to demonstrate independence, ambition, drive, language skills, and an impressive cultural awareness to future employers.
Whether you’re a gap year student, a recent graduate or a college student seeking a summer internship, we offer internship placements for candidates at all stages of their academic or professional career. Our programs range from six weeks to six months and we offer start dates every month throughout the year in Madrid. Internship experience will boost your resume, whatever the duration.
This program is great for students interested in the following career fields: Business, Engineering, Public Relations, and Marketing
Additional Programs may be available in: Architecture
More fields may be available for students who are fluent Spanish speakers.
**Due to the exclusivity of our partner companies, it must be noted that our Madrid internship program is selective.
Program Dates & Fees
2022 Program Start Dates
February 5, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, June 18, July 2, September, 3, October 1, November 5, December 3.
Students applying through ISEP will receive $200 off the following program fees
Due to the rolling start-date options for these internships, there is not a single application deadline for programs offered in a specific term. However, students should note that applications are due 4 months before your intended start date for in-person programs.
|Duration||Standard Fees*||Summer Fees (June-July)*||Without Accommodation*|
*Final cost may differ based on changes in currency exchange rates.
- Professional internship in your field
- Accommodation (private bedroom in shared apartment)
- Professional development workshop
- Personalized 1-on-1 career coaching
- Training materials
- Visa Assistance
- Airport pickup
- Cultural & social events
- Network of International Contacts
- 24/7 support
Private bedroom in a shared apartment
Every intern in Madrid has the comfort and privacy of their own bedroom. Our housing is furnished and we provide you with bed linen and free, unlimited wifi. Our housing options are located in safe, pleasant areas of Madrid, within a reasonable commute (maximum of 1 hour) to your Madrid internship or Spanish classes by bus, metro or walking. Some areas where we place interns include Malasaña, Sol, Salamanca, Nuevos Ministerios, Moncloa and Tribunal.
Program participants will either reside in shared apartments with other participants and tenants, or they will live in studio apartments in the same building as other participants. The buildings vary, from classic historic properties to contemporary modern ones, and all are located in safe and exciting neighborhoods. These apartments and studios are suitable for short term and long term stays, providing freedom and security for our program participants.
The neighborhoods have supermarkets, restaurants, gyms and other local amenities – Living amid an active community of other program participants, whether in the same building or in nearby neighborhoods – Freedom to live like a local and use the accommodation as a great base both for relaxing and for exploring the city.
Organizations that have hosted our interns include:
- Urban Insight
- Food Forward
- a place called home
- ACE: Alliance Community Empowerment
- BLKBX Creative Group
- saya Smart Water Management
- King nutronics corporation
- Hill Flight Support LLC
- ecosmar+ Fire
Why intern in Madrid?
Madrid is a city of contrast: bursting at the seams with modernity and business while still holding on to its strong historical and cultural roots. It offers everything you’d expect of a capital city, but with the safety and proximity of a small town. After just a few weeks, you have the luxury of feeling at home, while still knowing there’s more to explore.
Madrid is the capital of business, culture, cuisine and nightlife. World-renowned museums, fine art, award-winning restaurants, compelling theater, multi-storey nightclubs and incredible live music fill the Spanish capital. Madrileños have perfected the lifestyle of work hard and play harder, and are famous for being fun, welcoming and kind.
While there is no reason to leave Madrid, it is the gateway to the rest of Spain, with its high-speed railway and modern highways, you can be skiing in the Madrid Mountains or sunbathing on the beaches of Valencia or Málaga in a couple of hours. Madrid encourages all visitors to go and explore everything that Spain has to offer and it is also within easy reach of other European capitals. As an intern in Madrid you really do get the best of all worlds: the educational and unparalleled cultural experience and the chance to develop your Spanish language skills.
You may earn academic credit for your internship in one of two ways:
1. Through your home institution. Work with your academic advisor at your home institution to understand requirements to earn internship credit. We have flexible internship options to help you accommodate your university’s requirements.
2. If your school or major will not grant credit directly, ask if you can transfer credit from another university. The Intern Group provides a transcript option through their partner Florida A&M University for a small additional fee. Ask your advisor for a list of requirements and eligibility.
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.
If you are interested in learning more before beginning the application process with The Intern Group, please contact Honorah Maggio (firstname.lastname@example.org), ISEP Student Services Officer.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application (no application fee)
- Be prepared with:
- Your Preferred Destination
- Your desired career field
- Business: General Business, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality, Events & Tourism, Human Resources, PR & Marketing or Real Estate
- Humanities: Government & Politics, Journalism & Media, Languages & Translation, Law, NGOs & Non-Profits or Social Work
- STEM: Engineering, Environmental Sciences & Sustainability, IT & Computer Science or General Science.
- Arts: Architecture, Art, Photography & Design, Fashion, Television & Film or Theatre & Music
- Health Sciences: Medical Electives (in Medellín only), Public Health or Psychology
- Once you have entered the above information, you will be prompted to schedule an interview by phone or Skype with The Intern Group admissions team.
- After submitting the form you will be asked to upload your resume/CV via email