#GivingTuesday is a growing global movement that unites people and countries by celebrating our capacity to care for and empower one another. On November 29, 2016 the ISEP community will demonstrate how we make the world a better place when we come together for good. We’ve developed the following toolkit to help you prepare to give back with your time, voice and money.
1. Volunteer around the world
Donating your time to a cause you care about can be an easy way to join #GivingTuesday efforts. Whether you choose to participate in planned events or prefer to create your own, check out #GivingTuesday opportunities around the world:
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
2. Share your story on social media
Not everyone can give back monetarily, but your voice can be just as powerful. Here are a couple ways to give back without breaking the bank. Tell us ways you’ve given back to your study abroad community, or what you have done since you’ve returned.
- Share your photos from your time abroad. Tag us on Instagram or Twitter using our hashtag #ISEPStudyAbroad or @ISEPStudyAbroad. Tell us your #ISEPStory and enter a chance to be featured around the world.
- Write (or tweet) your #ISEPstory. You can also one of these our tweets to show support:
To be featured and reposted, make sure you use the hashtags #GivingTuesday, #WhyWeGive and #ISEPstory to share your experience with our community.
- #ISEPStudyAbroad gave me friends around the world. I honor them today.
- My time in COUNTRY challenged me to reevaluate my world outlook.
- Today I saw the beauty of the world in which I live and gave back.
- My #StudyAbroad journey changed my life. Today I give back.
- I walked in another’s shoes and appreciated the differences.
- Today I’m making the impossible possible for next year’s global citizens.
- Random acts of kindness make the world a better place. Today I act intentionally.
- Share our #ISEPstory images: We’ve created inspirational images from student’s photos and quotes about their experience abroad. Feel free to repost them and tell us how study abroad affected your life.
3. Donate to the ISEP Student Scholarship fund
Our mission as a global educational community is to help students from around the world overcome the financial barriers to study abroad. To help support our mission, we have launched the ISEP Student Scholarship Fund. Our goal is to help raise US$6,000 in 24 hours on November 29, 2016, in order to send six students to six continents in 2017-18.
To help us reach our goal, ISEP’s President and CEO is personally matching the first US$1,000 contributed on Giving Tuesday.
Whether we volunteer in our community, help visitors in our hometown, make a charitable donation or say ‘thank you’ to someone who has changed our lives, we inspire others to do the same. Let’s join together on #GivingTuesday, November 29, 2016, and share a moment of global unity.
Watch any of these videos to learn more about #GivingTuesday:
- #UnDiaParaDar Espana (Spanish)
- #MardiDeJonne Canada (French)
- #GivingTuesday Deutshland (German)
- #GivingTuesday USA
Feeling thankful for your study abroad experience? See 7 Study Abroad Quotes That Make Us Thankful
Like this Story? Also like us on Facebook.