New Fall International Communications and Internship Program in Brno, Czech RepublicDecember 15, 2016
ISEP Direct CzechMates Program in English
This new fall semester program comprises coursework within a cluster of class options centered on holistically developing student competencies, personal and professional, related to critical thinking, international communication and intercultural collaboration. These courses are immersive and are aligned within the following disciplinary trajectories:
- Language, intercultural communication
- Culture, history, politics, entrepreneurial studies
- Media studies
- Globalization studies
- Internships (supplemented by a mentored practicum)
- Guided research opportunities are also an available option for students seeking to hone their capacity to conduct research independently within foreign settings/circumstances
CzechMates offers an unmatched opportunity for educational growth and professional development for those seeking to work in the international realm. Through its design, it provides a select range of course options, applicable to all majors but focused broadly on communications and general education, such as, language, history, politics, media, processes of globalization and professional development. The course cluster design is specifically configured to provide integrated as well as context-specific learning, meaningful internship appointments, and an enhanced level of personal attention and educational support under the auspices of a director with extensive experience in international education and student mentoring abroad.
- Dates: September 10, 2017 - December 24, 2017
- Type of program: ISEP Direct
- U.S. GPA: 3.2 or higher
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2017
- Tuition: US$12,900
- Average Classes Per Week: 5
- Average Class Hours Per Week: 12
- Included: Internship
The program requires at least 30 ECTS/15 U.S. credits per semester, including the optional internship. It includes 15 hours of class time per week. The internship includes a seminar class as well as short bi-weekly meetings.
Estimated Additional Costs:
- Housing: US$2,000, Masaryk University will help arrange housing with the student.
- Roundtrip Airfare: US$1,200
- Additional Personal Expenses: US$500
- Books/Supplies: US$200
How to apply:
Complete the ISEP online application
Complete a special CzechMates application in addition to their ISEP application. This will include an online form, Czechmates essay (in addition to the ISEP application essay), as well as an interview.
Masaryk University will contact ISEP participants after their ISEP application has been received to complete the program application process and schedule an interview.
Decisions will proceed on a rolling basis from February 15, 2017.
Like this Story? Also like us on Facebook.