ISEP Founders Fellowship
About the fellowship
Founders Fellows are dedicated to learning languages. As an integral part of their interest in living in another country and culture they are dedicated to learning and improving their ability to speak, read and understand another language. Founders Fellows believe living, studying and engaging in another culture will inform and broaden their perspectives, which will allow them to have an even greater understanding of the language they are learning.
Who can apply?
You are qualified to apply for this fellowship if you are attending an ISEP member university and meet the eligibility criteria for the fellowship which includes demonstrated financial need and express through a creative project and personal statement your passion for language learning while studying abroad.
How much is awarded to fellowship recipients?
The ISEP Founders Fellowship is awarded to two outstanding applicants annually. In 2017 each fellow will be awarded US$2,500.
How to apply:
- Review the eligibility criteria and application for the ISEP Founders Fellowship.
- Complete the ISEP Founders Fellowship Application, which consists of the following:
- Statement of Need indicating the financial barriers this award will help you overcome
- Creative Project focused on language learning
- Personal Statement providing context for your project must be between 200 and 250 words that connect the concept of your creative project with learning a language while studying abroad.
- Short Biography is an “about me” statement that provides background information on you as a student and language learner. This statement must be between 150 and 200 words and submitted in English.
- Projects should be a personal creative expression of the fellowship prompt using the medium of your choice. Your ISEP Founders Fellowship project must be submitted digitally in the form of a URL. This means your project should be hosted online and accessible to the public. Examples of projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Handmade craft, piece of art or other creative expression that is photographed to document the project digitally then hosted online
- Article on your home campus’s news site
- Blog post on your personal blog that could be essay(s), poetry or other forms of written expression
- Live video blog on Google+
- Art project documented on Instagram
- Photo essay on Flickr
- Video posted on YouTube
- Podcast episode posted on SoundCloud
Lastly, check-in with your home ISEP Coordinator about their electronic endorsement form for your application.
Applications for Fall semester and Full year 2017-18 must be submitted by April 21, 2017. Applications for Spring semester 2017-18 must be submitted between September 1 and October 6, 2017.
Who to contact:
Get in touch with the ISEP Scholarship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before starting an application, we recommend reading our ISEP Founders Fellowship Application Guide.
When the fellowship will be awarded:
For Fall 2017 semester and full year 2017-18 fellows, recipients will be notified by late-May 2017.