ISEP Community Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The ISEP Community Scholarship supports our mission of extending access and affordability of study abroad.
Who can apply?
ISEP students from any member institution with demonstrated financial need qualify to apply for the ISEP Community Scholarship. You are encouraged to apply if you are a student who is statistically underrepresented in study abroad:
- You’re the first person in your family to attend college or university
- You identify as LGBTQ
- You currently serve in your country’s military or you are a military veteran
- You’re an ethnic, racial or religious minority in your home country
- You have a disability
- You study science, technology, engineering, mathematics or education
- You are studying abroad to learn a second language
How much is awarded to scholarship recipients?
For 2017-18, ISEP will award scholarships of US$500 to ISEP students from member institutions.
Submit an Application:
Please note that once you begin your application, you cannot leave the webpage until you press ‘Submit’. Applications cannot be saved and you will not be able to return to a submitted application.
How to apply:
Complete the application form by March 30, 2018.
Recipients are chosen by members of the ISEP community. ISEP Community Scholars are selected based on their responses to prompts for a financial statement of need and personal essay:
Tell us about your financial circumstances by responding to these questions:
- Are you receiving financial assistance from another source in the form of a grant, scholarship or loan from your home institution, government or other sources outside of your family?
- How are you funding your study abroad?
- What is the difference between your estimated costs and available funding to study abroad?
- Are you or have you been working to pay for your education and/or your study abroad?
Reflect on your personal story and how it relates to ISEP community values:
- Your focus on personal goals and drive to achieve them
- Your capacity to overcome hardships and communicate growth
- Your ability to connect within and outside of your own community
- Your resourcefulness and knack to succeed in unfamiliar situations
- Your purpose for pursuing an international experience
- Your commitment to considering other ideas and perspectives across different cultures, identities and points of view
Use your values-centered story as a framework to tell us why you should receive an ISEP Community Scholarship by addressing the following questions and providing specific examples:
- What are your reasons for applying to study abroad with ISEP?
- How did your academic, career or employment goals influence your decision to study in another country?
All scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on their responses to these prompts. Statements of need must be no more than 300 words; personal essays must be no more than 500 words. Both must be submitted in English.
You must have submitted your application to study with ISEP by February 15, 2018 and your ISEP Community Scholarship application to ISEP by March 30, 2018.
Who to contact:
Get in touch with the ISEP Scholarship Team at email@example.com.
Before starting an application, all applicants need to read ISEP Community Scholarship Application Guide.
When scholarships are awarded:
- Fall semester 2018 recipients will be notified by late-May 2018.