About the Scholarship
The ISEP Community Scholarship supports our mission of extending access and affordability of study abroad.
Who can apply?
ISEP students from any ISEP member or affiliate institution with demonstrated financial need qualify to apply for the ISEP Community Scholarship. You are encouraged to apply if you are a student who is statistically underrepresented in study abroad:
- You’re the first person in your family to attend college or university
- You identify as LGBTQ
- You currently serve in your country’s military or you are a military veteran
- You’re an ethnic, racial or religious minority in your home country
- You have a disability
- You study science, technology, engineering, mathematics or education
- You are studying abroad to learn a second language
How much is awarded to scholarship recipients?
ISEP will award scholarships of US$500 to ISEP students.
Submit an Application:
Please note that once you begin your application, you cannot leave the webpage until you press “Submit.” Applications cannot be saved and you will not be able to return to a submitted application.
How to apply:
Applications for students planning on attending a program during the Fall semester SM1 (August-December), Full-Year (August-May) or Summer (June-August) must be submitted by April 1.
Applications for the Spring semester SM2 (January-June) or Summer (June-August) must be submitted by October 15.
Recipients are chosen by members of the ISEP community. ISEP Community Scholars are selected based on their responses to three short prompts.
Reflect on your personal story and how it relates to ISEP community values:
- Your focus on personal goals and drive to achieve them
- Your capacity to overcome hardships and communicate growth
- Your ability to connect within and outside of your own community
- Your resourcefulness and knack to succeed in unfamiliar situations
- Your purpose for pursuing an international experience
- Your commitment to considering other ideas and perspectives across different cultures, identities and points of view
Use your values-centered story as a framework to tell us why you should receive an ISEP Community Scholarship by addressing the following questions and providing specific examples:
- What are your reasons for applying to study abroad with ISEP?
- How did your academic, career or employment goals influence your decision to study in another country?
All scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on their responses to these prompts. All responses must be submitted in English.
- You must have your application to study with ISEP submitted by the priority application deadline.
- ISEP Community Scholarship applications for students planning on attending a program during the Fall semester SM1 (August-December), Full-Year (August-May) or Summer (June-August) must be submitted by April 1.
- Applications for students planning on attending a program in the Spring semester SM2 (January-June) or Summer (June-August) must be submitted by October 15.
Who to contact:
Get in touch with the ISEP Scholarship Team at scholarships[AT]isep.org.
When scholarships are awarded:
- Students who plan to attend a program that begins from August-December will be notified by the end of April.
- Students who plan to attend a program that begins from January-June will be notified in mid-November.