After enrolling in their CISI Insurance plan, students will receive a welcome email from CISI (email@example.com). This email will contain the plan brochure (which includes important FAQs), insurance ID card, custom consulate letter, and a link to the myCISI Traveler App and portal, where you can set up a CISI-specific account. If you are enrolled and do not receive this information, please ensure that the email did not go into your spam folder. Insurance materials will also be available from within the ISEP portal.
All plans include Provider Referral Services, Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains (in the event of death), Security Evacuation (for political unrest and natural disaster), Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Emergency Medical Reunion, Trip Interruption (for select reasons only), and 24-7 access to CISI’s Team Assist partner, AXA Assistance.
The CISI Comprehensive and Limited Plans also include health insurance, including benefits for medical care up to the policy maximums, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and treatment for mental health issues. CISI offers an easy process for submitting insurance claims.
Please note that expenses incurred within the student’s home country or country of regular domicile are not covered. Although the plans include many benefits, not all situations or expenses will be covered. It is the responsibility of all students to fully review their relevant coverage brochure and to carefully review all benefits and exclusions prior to departure.
- CISI Comprehensive Medical & Global Assistance Plan – Students going to all locations except Spain and the United States
- CISI Comprehensive Medical & Global Assistance Plan – Students going to Spain
- CISI Comprehensive Medical & Global Assistance Plan – Students going to the United States
- CISI Limited Medical & Global Assistance Plan – Select Locations (See Insurance Enrollment Requirements by Host Country)
- CISI Global Assistance Plan – Select Locations (See Insurance Enrollment Requirements by Host Country)